The Canada Media Fund is seeking a full-time Editorial Coordinator to fill the following position within its CMF Trends team for a one-year contract. Reporting to the Director of Industry & Market Trends and working in collaboration with two IMT Analysts.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Manage editorial responsibilities for both blogs CMF Trends and FMC Veille, supervise a team of external bloggers (10–12 people);
- Revise, edit and proofread all written material produced by bloggers and handle image searches and optimizations
- Adapt content for multiplatform dissemination: Quora, Linkedin, Facebook, SlideShare, etc.
- Manage the editorial schedule and monthly updates on CMF Trends
- Write articles, including updates of existing articles or reports/summaries of various studies or white papers;
- Prepare (alternately with both IMT analysts) of weekly intelligence/ watch reports
- Prepare weekly and monthly newsletters
- Manage CMF Trends / FMC Veille communications on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Prepare monthly dashboards with website traffic and usage stats (CMF Trends / FMC Veille)
- Propose ways to optimize content dissemination and website performance in collaboration with IMT’s staff
- Coordinate the production and translation of metadata, as well as the description of videos featured on the Encore+ TV channel.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Relevant university degree in journalism or communications
- Demonstrated experience in web drafting and advertising
- Demonstrated experience in managing social media
- Experience with the use of web content creation and editing tools: WordPress, Photoshop, Google Analytics, Infogram
- Bilingual French and English (REQUIRED)
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 15, 2018.
Canada Media Fund welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. The CMF thanks all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.