Reporting to the Vice-President, Industry and Public Affairs, the CMF is seeking a Bilingual Director of Industry and Market Trends to fill a position in the Montréal or Toronto office.
The CMF’s Industry and Market Trends department is dedicated to monitoring trends and the evolution of the audiovisual and digital media content industries in Canada and worldwide in order to cultivate knowledge and provide foresight analysis to support strategic decision-making for both internal and external stakeholders.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Positions the CMF as an essential source of industry knowledge and information.
- Leads a team of analysts that consistently monitor, filter and aggregate information and data from various sources on industry and market evolutions in Canada and internationally.
- Oversees the production of all IMT publications such as the Keytrends reports, newsletters and the weekly Watch reports.
- Oversees the daily operation of the CMF Trends blog, including:
- coordination and production workflow of external and guest bloggers;
- editing of 50-60 articles per year in English and French;
- community management on social media platforms.
- Initiates and responds to internal and external research requests on industry issues.
- Represents CMF on industry committees, assumes speaking engagements at industry events, and gathers intelligence by attending key industry events.
- Reinforces the Fund’s accountability to its funding contributors and stakeholders.
- Advises senior management of key short and long-term issues.
- Contributes to the overall management and direction of the CMF and influences internal policies and procedures as a member of the organization’s senior management team.
- Supports strategic initiatives stemming from the CMF’s Business Plan such as developing pilot projects or fostering strategic partnerships.
- Prepares the annual budget for the Industry and Market Trends department and projects expenditures by month relative to resource allocation.
- Leads and counsels two Industry and Market Trends Analyst and an Editorial Coordinator as well as a team of external expert-bloggers.
- Inspires, motivates and rallies team members in lateral-thinking and to deliver within established timelines.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience, and qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of Canadian media sectors with emphasis on online, mobile and other digital platforms.
- Understands how the Canadian media industry’s creative, production and distribution sectors interact to create content and export it to the global market.
- University degree in business, media or a relevant field, or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of 8-10 years professional experience in a management position.
- Experienced role in implementing innovative initiatives within an organization.
- Demonstrated skills with datasets, research methodologies and standards is an asset.
- Strong at synthesis: ability to distill large volumes of data into salient top-lines and determine ramifications.
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive priorities.
- Strong problem-solving skills and solid project management expertise.
- Bilingualism is required: excellent verbal, written and communication skills in English and French.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 29, 2018.
Canada Media Fund welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. The CMF thanks all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.