Through financial support and industry research, the Canada Media Fund (CMF) encourages the creation of popular, innovative Canadian content and software applications for current and emerging digital platforms.
To Apply for CMF Funding
The Canada Media Fund (CMF) supports the Canadian television and digital media industry through two funding streams.
The Experimental Stream encourages the development of innovative, interactive content and leading edge software applications for digital media platforms.
The Convergent Stream supports the creation of convergent television and digital media content which Canadians can enjoy anytime, anywhere.
Before you submit your application
- Carefully read the guidelines published on the CMF website.
- Determine whether you are an eligible applicant and whether your project is eligible according to the CMF eligibility criteria listed in the guidelines and business policies (Appendix A and B).
- If you have any questions about your eligibility or the application process, please contact a regional office of Telefilm Canada, the CMF Program Administrator, for a preliminary consultation.
- Please note the Program Deadlines on the CMF website for any submissions to the CMF Funding Programs.
- Read the FAQ to find answers to your questions.
To submit your application
To complete your application for CMF funding you must first register online for a PIN to create your e-telefilm account. Once registered, you will then receive a PIN number by mail within the next 5 business days. Visit the Submitting an Application page to learn about how to manage your accounts and users for the account.
You may also read our FAQ’s to get answers to your questions.
After you submit your application
We will communicate with you to confirm that your application has been received. For information on the status of your application, please contact the Telefilm Canada office in your region.
Once the review process for your application has been completed, you will receive a letter informing you of the CMF’s decision.
If your project was not approved, the reasons for its rejection will be explained.
If your project is approved, you will receive a contract to sign as soon as all the conditions stipulated in the letter of acceptance (where applicable) have been fulfilled.
For more details regarding how to apply for CMF funding, refer to the Submitting an Application page.