The Accelerator Partnership Pilot Program (A3P) is designed to provide producers of digital media projects funded through the CMF’s Experimental Stream with better access to mentorship, market and capital.
As such, the A3P seeks to connect Experimental Stream funding recipients with the following 8 renowned Canadian accelerators that the CMF has selected based on their ability to work with the variety of projects and diversity of producers supported by the CMF across the country: Execution Labs, FounderFuel, GrowLab, Communitech HYPERDRIVE, ideaBoost, INcubes, Inno-Centre and Ryerson Futures and Digital Media Zone. An overview of each of their programs is provided in the accelerators’ chart below.
Value proposition for A3P applicants
The A3P is open to projects that have received funding from the CMF in the Experimental Stream in either development or production. Projects accepted by an accelerator will receive a non-refundable contribution from the CMFof $30,000 payable directly to the producers to cover expenses related to the acceleration program. Further information on the conditions of each accelerator can be found in the accelerators’ chart below and in the guidelines.
Fill in the opt-in form to confirm your interest in the A3P and select the accelerators that you would consider applying to. The CMF will then inform the selected accelerators of your interest. The form will also help the CMF follow up with the accelerators on the A3P.
The opt-in does not replace the actual application to the accelerator(s) of your choice. You still need to go to the accelerator(s)' website and fill in the application form.
Opting in is an expression of interest only. There is no commitment involved, neither from you (to apply) nor from the accelerators (to accept your application).
- A3P applicants must apply to an accelerator’s program for the project that was previously financed by the CMF through the Experimental Stream;
- A3P applicants that have an interest in one or more accelerators need to apply directly to each accelerator’s program in accordance with the accelerators' regular application procedure. Opting in via the A3P does not constitute an application to the accelerator’s program;
- Inclusion of an accelerator as a partner in the A3P does not constitute an endorsement of the accelerator or its program by the CMF;
- It is the responsibility of the A3P applicants to ensure that the programs fit their projects' needs;
- The CMF connects A3P applicants and the accelerators but has no involvement in the accelerators’ application processes or programs of the accelerators in any way;
- The CMF does not guarantee that any A3P applicant will be selected by an accelerator; each project will be evaluated directly by the accelerator(s) on the same criteria as other non-A3P applicants and will be selected on its own merits.