The Development Program supports productions at the development and pre-development stages. This program is part of the CMF’s convergent stream; thus, projects funded through this program must include content to be developed for distribution on at least two platforms, one of which must be television.
The CMF strives to balance the development of content that reflects the diverse languages and regions of Canada. The Development Program includes funding mechanisms to achieve this, although development funds have also been earmarked in our other programs as well. Producers developing Aboriginal-language content should refer to the Aboriginal Program guidelines for more information. The same applies for francophone producers outside Quebec, who should refer to the Francophone Minority Program guidelines.
To access funding a project must meet all requirements set out in the 2013-2014 Guidelines. Only applications that meet all requirements will be considered.
Applicants - Required Forms
All applicable documents below must be included with your application. See the document checklist in the applicable Application form for more information.
Download applicable* Application form:
- Television & Funded Digital Media
- Television VOD & Digital Distribution
- Television & Non-Funded Digital Media
- Funded Digital Media Only
- * see About Applying for more information
Apply online using eTelefilm
Read More ...
eTelefilm enables you to submit an application online, follow up on its status, and keep track of your current projects.
For more information or to register click here.Please Note:
1. Only the Application Form can be both completed and submitted using eTelefilm; all other supporting documents can only be submitted using eTelefilm so will need to be downloaded from this site (available below).2. You need to register for eTelefilm. You will receive a PIN by mail within 5 business days; work this timing in your application schedule.
Applicants - Helpful Tools
The following documents are not required to be submitted with your application however may be helpful in completing your application.
Download Supporting Documents
- Broadcaster Agreement Form-TV
- Broadcaster Agreement Form-DM
- Budget: Pre-Development
- Budget: TV
- Budget: TV Demo
- Budget: DM
- Directors and Shareholders Form
- Affidavit Non-Funded DM
- Related Party Transactions
- Pre-Development: Broadcaster Letter of Interest
Approved Applicants - Final Cost Documents
The following documents are not required with your initial application. Documents below are only required to be submitted after your CMF-funded project has been completed. Please download the zip file below and consult the Final Cost Checklist which lists all required documents.